As a mental health provider, you expect to spend your days caring for patients — not navigating complex code updates, figuring out the finer points of medical practice cost accounting, or fighting with insurers over rejected claims or inadequate reimbursements. Maybe you’ve reached the point where therapist helper software is a necessity, so you can get back to focusing on helping your patients achieve better mental health.
Medical billing is an essential part of your practice, but it can also be a time-consuming and difficult task. Delays in billing caused by errors can harm your revenues and your cash flow, and the task of billing itself can pull your focus away from the patients you have dedicated your life to helping.
BPS Billing, LLC provides behavioral healthcare services that improve the effectiveness of individual, group and nonprofit practices’ back office functions. With BPS, you’ll get a counselor mental health billing software program that meets your back office needs so you can run your business the way you want to: smoothly and effectively.
What Is Medical Billing?
Medical billing is a complex system that ensures medical professionals get paid for the work they do. Medical billers focus on the patient, the healthcare provider and the patient’s medical insurance company. Their job is to make sure each treatment or appointment is correctly billed and paid for through the insurance carrier or the patient or a combination of both parties.
The Medical Billing Process Explained
In medical billing, a professional makes a claim, usually to the insurance provider of the patient. The biller enters in data about what treatment or services the patient received, verifies the insurance company of the patient, records how much the procedures cost and adds in other details required by insurers. This information is then sent to the insurance carrier so the doctor or practitioner can get paid. If there is a delay or a problem, the biller will communicate with the insurance company until the claim is settled.
How Outsourcing Medical Billing Works
There are different ways to handle medical billing. Large hospitals, for example, may have billing departments with professionals who do nothing but handle this part of the process. Dental offices, therapy practices, doctor’s offices, clinics, groups of practitioners, non-profits and other organizations have the option of hiring medical billing professionals. They can also outsource.
Outsourcing is a medical billing solution where doctors or medical professionals work with a service that makes claims and works to settle claims on their behalf. This is more cost-effective than hiring someone in-house and can result in fewer errors as well as better revenues.
When a clinic or healthcare practice outsources, they free up their team’s time and energy to focus on what matters — which includes caring for patients and taking on more patients so they can earn more. With outsourcing, doctors and practices don’t have to worry about creating an office space for billing, paying someone full time or paying for the recruitment and hiring process.
Easy Session Input
Enter Patient & Insurance Information On-Line
Enter Visit Information On-Line
BPS – Processes Claims & Manages Denials
Manage Your Updates & Corrections On-Line
Review Live Reports
Review Your Explanation of Benefits On-Line
Review Your Patient Invoices
Review & Manage Your Revenue Cycle
The BPS Advantage
Maximize Claims Payment Success Rate
Administrative Time Reduced
Psychology, Social Work and Psychiatry Medical Billing Software
BPS developed an easy-to-follow behavioral health provider billing software program that uses proprietary step-by-step workflow. Our billing software makes verifying insurance, correctly coding claims, working rejections and following up on unpaid reimbursements faster — and less stressful for you.
When you choose BPS, your practice will get a mental health insurance billing software program that will speed up your revenue cycle and improve cash flow. Our medical billing software designed specifically for psychiatrists and psychologists will also drastically reduce insurance rejections, help you fight denied claims and make following up on unpaid claims much easier.
How BPS Works
Navigating the BPS claims process takes three simple steps:
1. You’ll begin your claims process by entering new patient, insurance, and visit information through our online system. BPS processes the claim, verifies the insurance if necessary, and manages any claim denials on your behalf with the patient’s carrier. BPS also manages Medicare and Medicaid claims. If you have a change or correction, simply enter the relevant information online through our software and we’ll update the claim as required.
2. BPS provides comprehensive reporting tools that let you review essential payment and claims information online. You’ll find explanations of benefits, patient invoices and a full revenue cycle analysis that will help you manage your cash flow.
3. As your business relationship with BPS progresses, you’ll find fewer claims are rejected. You’ll find that reimbursements come in faster. And if you have been accepting partial payments because fighting insurance companies is too frustrating and time-consuming, you may also find that you’re getting bigger payments — all because BPS managed your claims, billing, and reimbursements for you. Best of all, you’ll reduce the amount of time you and your staff members spend on this necessary, but time-consuming, back-office function.
What Is the BPS Billing Process?
At BPS Billing, medical billing steps include getting you set up with an online interface, so you can access all your claims at any time. You are also set up with an account manager who gets to know your needs and can ensure the process is seamless for you. We have an onboarding process to make sure all your questions are answered.
BPS Billing is HIPAA compliant, and we have designed our process to:
- Help you increase your practice’s income
- Save you time and effort
- Streamline efficiency at your practice
- Reduce overhead
- Increase collections
- Give you more time for patients
- Give you full control over the practice progress
We take care of it all, from verifying and handling authorizations to transmitting data. We provide you with reports in an accrual-based accounting format, and our 100% error checking step-by-step workflow process gives you the tools you need to ensure each claim is filed correctly.
Call BPS for More Information
If you’d like to learn more about the services we offer at BPS, click here to schedule a free demonstration, or call us at (833) 277-2455 ext 700.